CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

6 Random Things

I've Been Tagged

The Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you: I don't know how to link it, but Manda tagged me.
2. Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading).
3. List 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up!

_____________________________________________________________

6 things about me...

1. I was a nail biter ALL MY LIFE. On my 31st birthday this year, I was getting radiation, and the tech was horrified when she saw my nails. She encouraged me to quit biting my nails and went on to say how nasty of a habit it is. I told her I tried to stop many times and just couldn't. She told me that if I could walk through the door and let them put radiation in my spine, I could quit biting my nails. I left that room and never bit them again. It's only been 7½ months, but I don't anticipated going back to nail biting now!

2. I suffered through YEARS of infertility and had five miscarriages. When I reached 22 weeks with Jacob (the longest I made it with a pregnancy), I started wearing maternity clothes even though I didn't need to. I was just so excited to be pregnant and have things going so well that I wanted everyone to know it.

3. I am the youngest of four kids in my family, and I'm the only girl. Yep--I have THREE older brothers...which made dating really hard! I'm actually the only girl on the entire side of my Dad's family, so his mom spoiled me rotten!!!

4. I don't have a best friend, and sometimes that makes me really sad.

5. I'm 31 years old and worry that I won't be able to get insurance soon because of all my liabilities. My insurance carrier paid OVER $500,000 for my medical services last year--so that was BEFORE my radiation this year.

6. My son has ADD, but you wouldn't know it to meet him or have him in class. We work REALLY hard on behavioral modification techniques, and he takes NO medication. It's been very difficult, but SO worth it. I am very grateful that we had a PHENOMENAL kindergarten teacher who was so willing to work with us. She informed the 1st grade teacher of methods she used that work, and we were able to continue working together with the school to keep him focused and learning. Some nights I feel like pulling my hair out, but when I see him learning and loving school, I'm so glad we chose this route. His teachers are very open about any issues we've had along the way, but I'm happy to say that he does NOT disrupt class and is reading way above the rest of his class, despite our choice not to medicate. I've so proud of him.

And I'm tagging.... Cathy, Diane, Traci, Brandi, Julie, and Kaye.

4 comments:

Brynn said...

Hey, I learned some cool things about you. Some of them, I did already know, but not everything. That was fun.

Okay girlie, you need to go back & actually tag someone, you can't just copy that part from Manda! Besides, you tagged yourself!!! LOL

Amanda said...

Hey! You can't copy the people I tagged! You even included yourself. Too funny!

I share the BFF problem with you... makes me sad too. Plenty of internet friends, but still looking for that one real "go-to" person.

CloverGirl said...

Brynn--what could you have learned?! Haven't we talked about all that before? LOL!!!

Sorry to both of you the "tag" part. I copy and pasted it from Manda's blog, and I didn't notice that line. But, it's too late. LOL!! You two have already tagged everyone, though!

Traci said...

*sigh* here I go getting tagged again, lol. You girls are just insisting that I come up with some random stuff that the world doesn't already know about me huh?

I might "accidently" copy the same tag list too, lol.

And I think it's awesome that you're working through the ADD without meds. I bet he will be thankful as he gets older too.