CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Hate Halloween

There. I said it. I have never been a fan of Halloween. I didn't like it as a child and usually didn't go trick or treating. Now that my kids are into it, I deal with it but just cannot get overly excited about it.

So, what's my problem this year? DD wants to be Annie. You know, the orphan. I can't find a red dress anywhere, and I don't sew. I'm wishing more now than ever that I would've taken the sewing machine out of the box to learn how to use it. How stinkin hard can a red dress be to make?!

I have found a few online but don't want to pay $50+!!!

I hate Halloween.

3 comments:

Char said...

Oh Brandi! I wish I could help but I am a Hallowe'en lover and I DO NOT know how to sew! LOL. Definatly would not look like Annie if I were to make it. Have you tried looking at consignment shops?

Beth said...

Here's one online for $29.99

http://www.funhousetheatricalcostumes.com/dc-1726.html

I am not a huge fan of Halloween, either. We let the kids Trick or Treat, but I don't decorate. I put out pumpkins for the fall, but no scary stuff. Never been my favorite holiday at all.

Beth said...

Found something else:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2074542_make-little-orphan-annie-costume.html

(I just Googled "little orphan annie costume" and got lots of hits..)