CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Failed Attempt

Well, John McCain had one last chance to come out and show the country what he's made of. And he blew it. I swore I wasn't going to stay up to watch the debate, and I set up my DVR so that I could watch it later. But, as usual, I couldn't resist. I watched. I was horrified at this performance.

Senator McCain needed to come out full throttle and attack the issues. He needed to stay focused on HIS campaign and tell the voters what his plans are. He did very little of that. Instead, he kept saying "Senator Obama wants to..." You know what??? People know what HE wants to do because HE IS TELLING THEM!!! This was McCain's chance to come out and really drive home how he plans to change the country. It was definitely a failed attempt.

One comment I will make about the moderator is that he asked a couple DUMB questions. As a voter, I don't need to watch them discuss the negativity of the campaign. We can see the ads ourselves. We know what they mean. We are used to them from all the years of negative campaigning. But to waste time discussing that when we could have discussed energy, health care or education longer was plain stupid. I was actually a little perplexed when Senator Obama insisted that 100% of John McCain's ads are negative. Huh?? But what I remember most is how McCain looked like a cry baby because Obama wouldn't apologize for not addressing negative remarks about his campaign.

I'm glad the debates are over, and I can't wait for 20 more days to pass. I want this election behind us so that we can move forward together as a nation. And I've said for months that I knew McCain wouldn't win, so I'm preparing to move forward under President Obama. I hope he can deliver the change he has promised.

2 comments:

Char said...

I agree that he blew it. I am canadian but I still followed the US campaigns. McCain failed, perhaps a sign of whats to come if hes voted in. I hope the "change" is what picks up the US economy.
Our election was Monday and sadly only 59.1% of canadians voted. Sad.

Tracy Kosofsky said...

I totally agree that he blew it....let's just get this over with and move on!!