CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Made the Appt.

I have an appt. with my neurosurgeon for tomorrow. I put this visit off for months, literally, but I can't avoid it anymore. I'm in such severe pain that I can't function normally anymore. My life is suffering, my kids are suffering and my HOUSE is suffering! (LOL!)

I'm pretty nervous. We're going to talk about another laminectomy, which I DO NOT want to have. I honestly don't know how I can recover from that with Ron living in a different state. We're also going to discuss more drug options. I've tried nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and steroids to help with the inflammation, but neither worked. I've tried Neurontin and Lyrica for the nerve pain, and those didn't work out either. Well, the Lyrica could have worked if I had some help with my kids, but I was too loopy on it to continue. The Neurontin did nothing for me.

Anyways, if you're the praying kind, please say a prayer that all goes well tomorrow. I'm HOPING for some kind of miracle drug or cutting edge technology that will be offered so that I don't have to have surgery OR radiation again.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Prayers coming your way, Brandie. Please keep us updated. Hugs to you!
Christy, "Baysmom"

Brynn said...

Of course I'll keep you in my prayers! I wish we lived closer, I would take your kids in a heartbeat to help you out. Hugs & prayers both!

Should I expect a phone call tomorrow?

CloverGirl said...

Well, so much for that. My neuro got called into an emergency surgery for tomorrow, so they can't see me for another week. :(

DANGGIT!!!

Traci said...

Well, that's a bummer but regardless I'll just keep praying 'til next week.

Jayne said...

Thinking of you and hoping it all goes well and they can find something to help you with the pain!

The Alphabet Gang said...

Hooray for being proactive about your pain!

{{{BIG HUGS}}} to you and hoping everything works out.

Carmiehead from SS