CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Gooooooooooooooooooo Spitfires!

I coach U8 boys soccer. I'm not sure if I've blogged about that or not, and I'm too lazy to go check. When the season started, I had two boys that were pretty good, four that showed some promise and six that had no ability (or desire to play) at all. I was really dreading this season, and I've definitely had my share of heartburn. Granted, most of that has been the parents -- one in particular that is a thorn in my side -- but it's been a rough road nonetheless.

Until last night. Something clicked with them. With the exception of the two kids with "THE" dad, they all played beautifully together. They stayed in their positions (BIG accomplishment for this age group), they made great passes and they played TOGETHER. It was so wonderful to see. I was so incredibly proud of them.

We won the game last night 5 - 2. What kind of mother would I be if I didn't mention that Jacob had 3 of our goals? Of course, I'm even more proud that he had one assist and several FANTASTIC passes, too. He's not a ball hog, and I'm very proud of that. We've won other games, too, so it's not like this is a first. I'm just so proud of how they played last night. It was nice to see them finally start understanding the importance of standing where I tell them to, staying spread out and making great passes.

YAY, team!!!!

2 comments:

Brynn said...

WHOO-HOO! It must be all that great coaching they're getting!!!

Congrats to you & also WAY TO GO JACOB!!!

Donna said...

Way to go Spitfires!

3 goals .. Well done Jacob!!

So glad the team is playing well and you're all feeling good.