CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Retreat-Bound!!!

Well, not until January, but I'm definitely going now!

I've been back and forth with myself as to whether or not I should attend the SSMi3 retreat in January. With DH working in another state, it's put A LOT of strain on our lives, including but certainly not limited to financial strain. I thought it was too selfish to go, because spending that money would be another weekend he can't come home to be with the kids.

Well, he's pushed me over the edge with his selfish JUNK lately, so I've decided that I deserve to be selfish. I deserve a break. I deserve to go and enjoy myself. After I decided that, I just had to figure out how I'd make it work with the kids. I can't rely on DH to watch them -- because that's proven to be an unreliable source. So I was chatting with my neighbor, who works at a daycare center, and she has offered to watch them for me if DH doesn't come home. If I have to do this, the retreat will cost me DOUBLE, because I'd have to pay her.

Regardless of that expensive fact, I have decided that I am definitely going. YAY!!!

My next obstacle will be figuring out how to pay for it, but I'm going to make it work. I will figure out a way to get there and relax and have fun. After all, it's just money, right?! LOL. I'm very excited to spend time with my old friends and hopefully make some new ones. SSMI3, here I come...in 4½ months!

5 comments:

Brynn said...

Oh Brandi, I'm so sorry he's acting like that (again). I am so glad you decided to go, you need & deserve to do something just for YOU! Go & enjoy yourself!

Char said...

Brandi! I am so happy for you that you are going! Even is DH is being selfish! You have sacrificed as well. Go and have a great time! You deserve it!

Emmy said...

WooHoo! Party in January, Party in January. (I know I'll see you before then, though!)

Amanda said...

So glad you have decided to do something for YOU Brandi! Enjoy it! I'm sure you'll make it work :)

Sherry said...

Good for you. Where there's a will - there's a way, right? =] You deserve it and your kids deserve a mamma that's all refreshed and energized from some girl time!