CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Great is the Lord

This morning in church, we sang this song. I don't know if he's the "original" singer, but it's on my Michael W. Smith CD.

Great is the lord,
He is holy and just
By his power we trust
In his love
Great is the lord
He is faithful and true
By his mercy he proves
He is love


After church, Clarissa was sitting in the pew with her eyes closed and a horrible look on her face, as if she was in pain. I asked what was wrong, and she said nothing. She picked up her "church" bag, smiled and said she was ready to go.

We got out to the car, and Clarissa told Jacob "we're going to the Peanut restaurant for lunch."

He got all excited and screamed "YES!!!!!"

I turned back and said why on earth would you think that?

She said "Because the Lord is great and we trust Him. He proves His love to us. And I told Him that I wanted to go out to eat, so I trust Him to make sure it happens"

I couldn't argue with that 4yo logic, so we went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch. LOL!

6 comments:

Brynn said...

She is 1 smart girl! Too funny! (& yeah, you're a sucker too, you know that, right?!) LOL

Beth said...

That is priceless! I'd have to give in, too. How precious!

Sherry said...

If we could all have the faith of a child... it is what God wants though, isn't it?

Amanda said...

He always provides doesn't he? :)

Traci said...

That is so cute, and so hilarious all in one, lol.

You better hope she doesn't start having that kind of faith every week.. you'll be making a trip to disney in September with a follow-up visit to Chuck-E-Cheese, lol.

Char said...

I had to laugh out loud at your post! I would have been sucked in as well!! LOL, smart girl she is!