CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 1, 2008

December -- already?!

Man, I feel like I just wrote my post about wondering how we got to November and here we are in December already. What in the world is going on?! HOW CAN I SLOW TIME DOWN A BIT????

The kids and I put all the Christmas decorations up Saturday, and they decorated the tree in record time this year. They are VERY excited for Christmas, and we've been spending a lot of time talking about Advent and the Christmas season. Jacob is doing a reading on Sunday and lighting the second Advent candle during church. I am SO excited for him!! When the youth director asked him if he'd like to do it, he was so enthusiastic when he shouted "YES!" I asked her to give him a small reading since he's only seven, and her jaw dropped. She said she forgot he was only in second grade because he's so big for his age. Normally the 3rd - 5th graders do them. She gave him reading 2, which was easy enough for him to read the first time, so now he'll be practicing that all week. YAY for him! He's not nervous at all.

I have two gifts to buy for my kids and then my nieces and nephew to buy for. After that, I'm officially done Christmas shopping. Oh, crud. Except for the candy for our stockings. But then I'm done. Hopefully I can find something for my kids very soon so that I can have some peace of mind about it. AACK! It's driving me nuts not being done. My nieces' and nephew's stuff will cost less combined than the things I need to buy my kids, so that won't be too bad. And if their mom doesn't send me ideas soon, they are all getting giftcards!

I hope you all have a wonderful December leading up to Christmas!! I will feel much better when I'm done shopping and can plan our Christmas day meal.

1 comments:

Brynn said...

Brandi, that's so exciting for Jacob! (Even though I have no idea what he's doing) LOL

I too want to know how to slow time down a bit, it's going WAY too fast for me. I don't want my kids to grow up yet, I'm not ready!

Whoo-Hoo on the Christmas shopping, I'm close.