CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Today I am Thankful for...

great teachers!!!

Jacob has ADD, but you wouldn't necessarily know it to meet him or have him in class. We work REALLY hard on behavioral modification techniques, and he takes NO medication. It's been very difficult, but SO worth it. We could not have made it this far medicine-free without great teachers.

I am very grateful that we had a PHENOMENAL kindergarten teacher who was so willing to work with us. When I first approached her about not medicating him, she was receptive. And despite telling me how difficult it was going to be, she never once made me feel as though I was wrong for doing it or that I was inconveniencing her. She informed the 1st grade teacher of methods she used that work, and we were able to continue working together with the school to keep him focused and learning. His current teacher is also great with keeping him occupied and focused, and he's doing GREAT in school.

I'll admit--some nights I feel like pulling my hair out. But when I see him learning and loving school, I'm so glad we chose this route. His teachers are very open about any issues we've had along the way, but I'm happy to say that he does NOT disrupt class and is reading way above the rest of his class, despite our choice not to medicate. I'm so proud of him and so thankful to his teachers and school for the help they've given us so far.

Here is Jacob on the first day of school this year. He LOVES his teacher this year.


This is Jacob and his teacher from last year (1st grade).


I wish I had a picture of his kindergarten teacher to post, but I don't have one on this computer. She was the BEST teacher ever, and we will be forever grateful to her!!

0 comments: