CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas in Ohio

Well, I made the decision Thursday afternoon to pack up and hit the road to Ohio. When I picked the kids up from school and told them we were leaving for Mamaw and Grandpa's house, they were pretty confused. Both of them were concerned about possibly missing school Friday, and CJ was DEVASTATED about missing dance. But, when I explained that we may not be able to go if we didn't go that evening, they both jumped at the chance to get on the road.

Well, we got over 10 inches of snow early Friday morning and into the afternoon, so school everywhere around here was canceled. Thank goodness I made the right decision!! I would NOT have wanted to be snowed in here with two kids that were missing Christmas with their cousins, nor would I have wanted to screw up my mom's family pictures!

On the way there, CJ got sick. Unfortunately, it wasn't just car sickness -- it was the flu!! :( By midnight, she had a raging fever and was shivering like crazy. That poor kid was miserable until later Friday afternoon. Luckily, it passed quickly, so she was able to enjoy the time with her cousins Saturday.

Here she is after she opened one of her gifts. She was THRILLED to get hair dye and a hair extensions kit. She LOVES that sort of thing!


Jacob also loved his gifts. He is infatuated with Legos right now, so he smiled ear to ear when he opened this. He also got an authentic Detroit Tiger jersey, which immediately went on over his shirt.

3 comments:

Brynn said...

I'm so glad you went & had a good time! I'm waiting for the big fam pics!!!

Super cute pics of the kids!

agent713 said...

Yeah Mom! You definitely made the right decision!

Buckeye Benita said...

Brandi, looks like you all had a good time. I sure wish you would call when you are coming to OH. I would love to see you.