CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One Proud Mama!!!

Tonight were parent-teacher conferences at school tonight, and I got the kids' report cards. I was so impressed with both of them -- they are doing really well! .

Jacob is having the normal attention issues from his ADD, but the teacher said he's making an effort and trying to stay on task, so we're still working on that. Academically, he's doing phenomenal. She said he excels in his classwork and is always willing (and able) to help others. She told me no less than five times that he's a very smart boy (which I already knew, but it was so nice to hear.)

Clarissa's teacher was the big shock for me. I expected to hear that she's fully capable but not working to her ability and that she's got behavior issues. I was right about not applying herself -- her teacher thinks she's doing just enough to get buy, but she rushes her work so that she can talk. (The talking was NOT a surprise, BTW. LOL) BUT -- her teacher told me that she is GREAT in class. She has minimal issues, and is one of the best behaved children in there. UM, HELLO. WHY DO I GET LUCIFER AT HOME THEN??????????????? I guess I'd rather her be bad at home than at school, though. Her teacher also told me that she's very smart, and she's the only one in her kindergarten class that can identify all the numbers through 100 when they're out of order. YAY for her.

I am SO proud of both of them. They are also proud of themselves. :) :) :)

2 comments:

Brynn said...

YAY! Good for them & for you too. Gotta love when kids are on their best behavior at school.

Congrats to all of you!

Buckeye Benita said...

Way to go!