CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Is Ass a Bad Word?"

Every day, I pick Jacob up from school first, then we got get Clarissa. He sits behind me, and we always turn the music off and talk about our days on our short drive to get Clare from her school. Here was our conversation yesterday:

Jacob: Mom, is ass a bad word?

Me: (Trying to figure out what he said) Is WHAT a bad word?

Jacob: ASS...A-S-S

Me: Well...(he interrupted before I could answer)

Jacob: Because today, Logan B said it in class, and everybody said he would get in trouble. But my teacher said it's not really a bad word. She said it's another name of a donkey.

Me: Well, it is another name for a donkey. But most people just say donkey if that's what they're trying to say. Normally when people use the word ass, they are using it as a bad word.

Jacob: Oh, so I shouldn't say ass?

Me: Nope, buddy. You should not say ass.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Life with a six year old. :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Amazing what they come up with isn't it? FWIW, I think more people read your blog than you may think. I've been reading for a while, just don't comment often. It's fun getting to know you :o)

Brynn said...

Ok, I think this is hilarious! I can totally picture that conversation taking place!