CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Shingles Suck...

I apologize if you're offended by my title, but it's the nicest thing I could say about it.

Ron has shingles. It's DISGUSTING. He has blisters all over the left side of his head, and they are in and around his eyes. The poor guy is completely miserable, and I can't even put the medicine on without hurting him.

He goes to the opthamologist today because the doctor that diagnosed him with shingles saw a lesion, so it has to be monitored. He is less than thrilled with seeing another doctor, but we aren't messing around with his eyesight. These lesions can cause permanent eye problems, including blindness.

If you're so inclined, please say a prayer for him. He's in so much pain, and he's worried about his eyesight. Thanks.

3 comments:

Brynn said...

Oh Brandi, I'm so sorry! I remember when my mom had shingles, they were horrible! Prayers going up for him, & also for you as you add nurse to your long list of responsibilities.

Sherry said...

Yuck. Poor guy. I can't imagine how awful that is. Prayers going up definitely.

McKay Family said...

Wow! I know they are terrible. No fun at all! Prayers that everything works out and heals perfectly!