CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Pep Talk Failed

Well, I really tried to focus on my blessings, but my own pep talk failed. I'm a little depressed today because all I've had is car problems since August. I've already put over $2,000 in my car in less than a month, and it's at the shop today. Add to that the fact that I had to put $700 into Ron's car yesterday, and needless to say, I'm very disappointed in my American vehicles. My van just reached 90,000 miles, so there is no reason I should have needed transmission work. I suppose my alternator was just a matter of time, but it definitely seems like I spend MUCH more on maintenance than my friends that drive "foreign" cars. I'm particularly annoyed by that today.

And nobody tell Sue, but I test drove a TOYOTA Sienna. And I liked it a lot.

4 comments:

Emmy said...

Secret's safe with me.

(my mom had a Toyota for years - it just kept going and going...)

I hope your car situation gets better soon. We're having similar problems but not near the payout you've had on it..yet. The red car has transmission issues. I'm afraid of how bad that is.

Brynn said...

Toyota's are supposed to be like the Energizer bunny, they just keep going & going & going...

Hopefully things will calm down for you shortly!!!

Beth said...

I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna that we bought used last August. I love it. Great vehicle. Before that I drove a Chrysler, an Oldsmobile and a Dodge in that order and I hated them all. I adore my Toyota.

I hope things get better for you soon, Brandi. Hang in there.

Lee said...

One of the great things about being Canadian is that I have no assumed loyalty to any car brand. LOVE my Toyota Highlander and the Solara is such a fun little car.

(HUGS) The good news? It can only get better, right?