CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 21, 2008

The kids and I went to Ohio this weekend. We stayed with my parents, and my kids were THRILLED to go see Broderick play t-ball at the park. Jacob, especially, was very happy when Grandpa arrived. Those two have a very special bond--I LOVE that they are so close.



Saturday, we drove to Columbus for Olivia and Ella's birthday party. They had it at a small park, and the kids were excited that they could fish in the pond. Almost all the kids caught fish, and both of mine did. Fishing there made them both more excited about our vacation next month where they can fish off the pontoon boat at the cottage. I'm glad they like to be outdoors!!

Here is Jacob proudly displaying his SMALL catch. They were all small, so he didn't care. He was just very happy to catch one!
Here is a picture of my favorite brother, Mike, fishing with all the girls. Mike had his 10th surgery on his foot last month, so he had to stay seated the entire time. He put all the worms on for the girls, helped the girls cast their poles and took the fish off to throw them back after they caught them. Clare is wearing the pink skirt for those of you that can't tell.

It was a great trip, all in all. I love spending time with my family, and even though we're only 3 hours away, I sometimes miss them so much! I see my parents about once a month but only see Mike and his family four times a year or so. It's certainly better than nothing, but not near as much as I wish we could see them!!

3 comments:

Lee said...

Family trips in the summer are the best! So glad you all had such a wonderful time.

Sherry said...

Really nice pics Brandi. Sounds like a wonderful time!

Amanda said...

Great pics and it looks like you had a great time!