CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

I Made Up for My Lazy Day.

So, I was really bummed Friday night because I sat around and wasted a perfectly good day to get some work done. I had A LOT of things I wanted to get done, and all I did was sleep, cry and eat. So, yesterday, I really put myself to work.


My goal: the kids' rooms This meant that I had to clear their rooms out, clean under their beds, take old toys and clothes to the Salvation Army and then put their "new" beds together. I say "new" because they are just new to them. Jacob's bed is the bed his dad slept in as a child--just with a new mattress. Clarissa's bed was a freebie from a guy I work with, and it has a trundle bed underneath, which she just loves!!

After an entire day of work, I'm happy to say, their rooms are done. They are cleaned out and ready to go. They're in them right now, actually, so let's hope they are going to sleep! They are both tired and need their rest -- and so do I! :)

I'm irritated with myself for not taking before shots, but take my word that both rooms were just awful. I made THREE trips to the Salvation Army with my van. Yep, my kids had WAY too many toys. It was A LOT of work...but I'm so glad it's done. Here are their rooms yesterday after I finished. Sadly, Jacob is insistent on getting an updated theme in his room (Army, of course), and Clarissa really wants High School Musical sheets and bedroom coordinates. I swear they're never happy. LOL!!




4 comments:

Brynn said...

WOW, you did get a lot of work done, good for you!!! I LOVE her bedspread, it's beautiful!

CloverGirl said...

Thanks. I bought it when she was three weeks old. LOL! I saw it on clearance and really liked it, so I bought it.

Now I have to find a white dresser, because Jacob needs that dresser (the one in his room is broken.) I've been searching Craig's List but can't find one.

Sherry said...

After a day like that, you must be exhausted! LOL Don't you love the feeling of accomplishment, though? Looks good!

Kaye said...

Wow! You did an amazing job. Can you come help me with my house now?