CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Free Friday

I work in the automotive industry. Our company supplies parts directly to Ford, GM, Chrysler and Nissan. It's been extremely slow for months, as they OEMs have been adjusting to decreased sales. We've had less new business quotes to deal with, and engineering has really slowed down on products that are launching and have already launched since nobody wants to spend money right now. So I've been trying to make it through each week, but it's been tough. I HATE not being busy.

So how does this translate to Free Friday? Well, our CEO was in the office yesterday, and he gave everyone the day off today. No vacation needs to be used--it's just a Free Friday. Woohoo!! Unfortunately, I've wasted the first couple hours of it, but I'm getting ready to get to work around the house. I'm very excited that I have the day off, and I'm grateful that we have it with pay. Many of our engineers and buyers were forced to take vacation or unpaid time these last two weeks, so today I remain appreciative of my free Friday.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great "free" day off! Also, FWIW, we only own American cars and will never buy what my Dad always called "a foreign job". We have a Ford, Chevy, and a Chrysler, and my son has a Pontiac. Great vehicles! I hope things look up for the industry soon.

Brynn said...

WHOO-HOO! Sounds good to me. hey, since it's now a "free" day, wanna come to the lake with us? It'll be lots of fun...

Enjoy your day!

Amanda said...

Enjoy your "free" day!!! You're not the only one who has wasted away part of it...

Kaye said...

A Free Friday sounds great to me!