CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Getting ready for July 4th!!

In the spirit of the blog challenge, I thought I'd post my food contributions for our neighborhood party tomorrow. We're bringing a lot this year, but I'm so excited about it.

I was asked to bring some appetizers, which will be Tastefully Simple beer bread, Garlic Garlic dip and Go! Go! Asiago dip. I've also got different kinds of crackers, and I have a parmesan garlic dip, a sharp cheddar cheese dip and a bacon cheddar dip.

For dinner, we're taking boneless pork chops from Costco, that are currently marinating in the Pomegrante Chipolte sauce from Tastefully Simple.

We've also been asked to take potatoes, so I chose two different kinds - cold potato salad and cheesy potatoes. Here are my recipes.

Potato Salad
I boil my potatoes with the skins on, peel them off and soak them in Marzetti slaw dressing for at least six hours and sometimes overnight. (Those are soaking now.)

Tomorrow, I will combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well. I'll chill them to blend the flavors and then garnish with a few sliced hard boiled eggs and paprika right before I serve it.
1 cup Marzetti Slaw Dressing
6 cups cooked potatoes, cold, pared and diced
4 hard cooked eggs, chopped (plus two more for garnish)
1 cup celerychopped
1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
Salt and pepper to taste


Cheesy Potatoes
Spray a 9x12 pan with pan release. Mix all liquid ingredients together in a large bowl. Add potatoes and cheese. It's ok if the potatoes are still frozen. Scoop into baking pan. Spread evenly. Top with potato chips and melted butter. Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.

2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes
16 ounces sour cream
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
Topping: 1 cup potato chips, crushed

1 comments:

Brynn said...

YUMMY, it all sounds so good. You're making me hungry!

Have a great 4th Brandi!