CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Where do you draw your strength?

Yesterday, I was talking with a co-worker, and I mentioned the thread Cathy started on Scrap Share about whether people were having a good, bad or neutral 2008. I told him that quite a few said it was neutral and some said it was bad, accounting for almost 56% of the voters. He assumed that I thought it was bad, too, but I told him that I voted it was good. He was stunned because of all I've been through, and he asked me "Where do you draw your strength?"

The simple answer: Faith. I draw my strength from my faith, and I rely on that to get me through every single day. Now don't get me wrong - I'm not perfect in any way and neither is my faith. I've had times of complete despair, where I questioned what path God was leading me on. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I've even questioned the Lord and my personal faith. But I'm happy to say that the journey I've taken has landed me right here where I am today. I am a Christian. I am a believer. I am aware that I cannot do this alone. I talk to God every single day. As a matter of fact, I talk to him just like I'd talk with a friend over lunch.

I know it's hard to believe that I'd say this has been a good year with all the whining I've done, huh?! Hopefully the whining will stop - because I really don't want to be viewed as a whiner. Yes, it sucks that my DH lives in another state. Yes, it sucks that I had to go through radiation. And yes it sucks that I'm in almost constant of pain with my back. But, honestly, my life could be so much worse. Rather than dwell on the tough times, I choose to be thankful for all I have. I believe all that I've been through has only made me stronger, and I hope I can continue to rely on my faith to get me through one day at a time. I say that all the time, especially when my pain is really unbearable. I have to take one day at a time. And I will continue to do that with my faith leading me.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

0 comments: