CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

SS Blog Challenge #16: PICTURE PERFECT

The challenge this week is to post a picture of someone you love. It can't be just any picture, it should be one of those pictures that you look at and you really see something about that person.Once you find that special picture, post it in your blog and tell us what it is that makes it special.


This picture is of my husband, my son and our dog while we were on vacation in August 2006. We had rented a cottage on a small non-sports lake in Indiana, and it was the most amazing week. Everyone had a great time, and everyone wanted to go back!

I don't know what it is about this picture, but I have always LOVED it. I printed a 5x7 of this shot, framed it and put it in my office. It's just "The boys" as Clarissa and I were up on the deck playing with bubbles, but this picture is very special to me.

I think maybe I like it so much because it shows what a relaxed, serene week we had. Ron is ALWAYS on the go. He absolutely never just sits and relaxes...so we were worried how he'd do at a cottage in a remote area for an entire week. We spent a lot of time swimming, fishing, walking and playing games with the kids. He LOVED it...which is probably why I love this photo so much. It really shows how relaxed he was, which is something we don't see a lot.

The best part of this photo...we're going backto that same cottage this August!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! I cannot wait. And the kids can't wait either. And neither can Ron. :)
And I know this is cheating because Joanie said to pick one picture, but I had to include one of Clare, too. This is the same vacation...and it also shows how relaxed she was!

Yeah, this was BEFORE I gained all the weight back from my surgery, restrictions, steroids and radiation from my tumor.

3 comments:

Joan Robertson said...

What a wonderful memory.

Michelle said...

Brandi - you have such a lovely family.

I love both pictures. Your DH looks happy on the boat and the serenity of the area is just beautiful.

(I cheated too on my blog - it's hard to stop when choosing a perfect picture).

Brynn said...

Great pics Brandi! Looks like the perfect vacation, I'm so glad you get to go back, you need the break!