CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's been a while...

since I've posted here. I've actually been staying off the computer a lot lately because of some issues with my eyes. I've been having headache issues for months and months...but they have really gotten worse the last few months. Naturally, I thought my eye glass prescription needed updated, so I went to the eye doctor. I went in expecting a new prescription and came out a wreck.

I came home with a prescription for another MRI. Yeah, I just love those. NOT!!! I also got a new prescription for glasses, but the MRI prescription has me freaked out. The doctor told me that I have swelling in my optic nerve, and combined with the headaches and flashes of light I've been experiencing, I need to get it checked out. I don't want to get it checked out because one of the causes for optic nerve swelling is something I don't want to talk about. I can deal with it if it's Glaucoma or if it's a side effect of the tumor on my spine. But if I have MS, I don't want to know.

So for now, I'm in space just wondering how I can get my headaches to go away. I cannot have an MRI of my head - I just can't handle it. I can't handle the thought of my quarterly MRIs of my spine...and I have anxiety attacks when I think of being in there that much longer for a head MRI. For now, I'll deal with the pain and try to cope while I work out my anxiety.

And for now, I have to keep limiting my screen time...it makes my eyes go bonkers!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Brandi - I 100% know what you're going through. I'm going to PM you my # on Scrapshare - if you need to talk, PLEASE don't hesitate to call me.

I've got one of those headaches right now - it's no fun!

Call me.

Brynn said...

Ok B, do you want me to be your nagging friend now, or your supportive, loving friend?! I so wish I could be there & actually go with you to your appt, if I could, I would even do it FOR you. Unfortunately, that's not an option. The only thing I CAN do is let you know that you're in my prayers & I'm thinking about you. Please, for J & CJ, go get this taken care of.

DO I need to pull out the phone # & make the appt myself?! LOL

Stay strong, you CAN handle this!!!

Sherry said...

It's good to "hear" you on here again! I love your background page and music! And hey, take care of YOU!

Traci said...

Can I pray for you? It must be a hard thing to be brave when you feel like you've been plenty brave enough for a lifetime. But I'm with Brynn.. do what you need to do to take care of yourself. Big hugs!