CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Getting to Know Me: Christmas Edition

I stole this from Beth's blog.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper all the way!!! One of the things I love about Christmas morning is watching the paper fly.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I'm allergic to pine, so we can't have a real tree in the house. Ron was devastated when he found out and jokes that he never would have asked me to marry him if he knew that.

3. When do you put up the tree? It used to be the Saturday after December 10, because Ron didn't want it up before his birthday. But, we put it up after Thanksgiving last year since Ron isn't around to help much and because we had a long weekend to do it. It was nice and relaxing to have three days to pull it all out and get everything set up, so we're doing that this year too.

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime the week between Christmas and New Years--it just depends on how busy we are that week.

5. Do you like eggnog? Blech. No.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Cabbage Patch Doll

7. Hardest person to buy for? Our parents -- all three of them!

8. Easiest person to buy for? CJ

9. Do you have a nativity scene? We have a Little People one that the kids love. Someday, I'd like to have a nice set, but we need more room first.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I'm SO embarrassed to say that I'm e-mailing my letter with a picture attached to as many people as I can this year. I know it's bad form, and it's humiliating. But I don't have the funds to buy cards for our normal list, so I'm only mailing a few this year. :(

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A thermometer/barometer thing I got a couple years ago.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Santa Claus with Tim Allen

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I normally shop throughout the year. Not to harp on financials, but it's been a rough year, so not much has been purchased. It will be a VERY small Christmas this year. I just need to make sure Santa makes a visit!!!!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I recall.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's cinnamon candy

16. Lights on the tree? Lots of them! And they have to be white. I HATE colored lights - especially the BIG colored bulbs.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Let it Snow

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Stay at Home!!!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Nope

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? When we got married, I wanted an Angel and DH wanted a star. We compromised and bought a beautiful lighted cross. When it broke two years ago (sniff, sniff), I bought a star. It's what we'll use this year, but I want to get another cross some day.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Greed. While I love Christmas, I see a lot of people who complain about what they got, didn't get, etc. And I'm not talking about your random bad gift. I mean people complaining that they didn't get ENOUGH. I don't like greed.

23. What theme or color are you using? I don't have a theme, per say, though most of my decorations are juvenile since my kids are so young.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We normally have ham, cheesy potatoes, corn, lima beans and rolls for dinner.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want my children to get a visit from Santa and to be thrilled on Christmas morning.

0 comments: