CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Made Me Smile...Day 1

The SS Blog challenge this week is by Melissa, and she has challenged us to think of one thing each day that made us smile. She noted that some of us are dealing with a lot and may have a hard time focusing on the joys in life...and I'm definitely guilty of that lately! Since radiation started, I've been in a bad funk and haven't seen the joy in very many things. But Melissa is exactly right - I have a lot of be happy about. There is no reason not to smile at something every day.

Today, my first (and probably will be my biggest) smile came as I walked out of the bathroom in my robe after my shower this morning. There were two smiling kids shouting "Happy Birthday, Mommy!" I was so surprised because when I went into the bathroom, they were both still asleep. They proceeded to sing happy birthday to me, and then we had donut holes for breakfast. Those aren't on my diet, but what the heck...they made me smile too. LOL!

So today, even though I have radiation, I will focus on the smiles from this morning...my own AND my kids'!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I didn't realize you were blogging. Yay!! I know this birthday isn't exactly how you would have wished it, but I hope it is wonderful none-the-less. Wish I were there to help you celebrate.