CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 21, 2008

I said my Goodbyes...

to the radiation machine this morning!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how fantastic it was to walk out of that room today knowing that I wouldn't be going back. It was such an amazing feeling of accomplishment, and I'm so relieved that it's over.

It was very hard on my - physically and emotionally. The oncologist is hopeful that this will stop the tumor from growing, though we can only wait and see for now. I'm in excruciating pain a lot of the time from this thing, and he said that could last a few months. But, if the radiation worked, I should be pain free by the fall. If I'm not, then they need to re-evaluate things.

The only bad thing about radiation being over...is that now I have to have MRIs again. :( BUT, my oncologist isn't doing one this week like he originally said, so I get a reprieve for a month or so. YAY! !

What a wonderful way to start off my Easter weekend.

2 comments:

Brynn said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you. Go do something fun just for you today, you deserve it!

Melissa said...

Yay! I am so happy for you. Time to look forward to great things to come.