CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

When Life Gives you Lemons...

Today I was nominated for a "When Life Gives You Lemons" award by the most wonderful woman that I don't know (hee hee). I don't feel very deserving of any award right now, but I appreciate that Beth thought of me. She always knows how to make me smile -- just when I need it.

Today is my birthday. And while I LOVE my birthday and usually whoop it up, this year is kind of different. Ron is in Kentucky, so we had to do gifts on Sunday. We were supposed to go out for lunch after church, but poor Jacob was sick, so we decided to postpone it until this weekend. A wonderful family from church invited us over for dinner tonight so that I didn't have to cook on my birthday (how sweet!!) But, I had to call and cancel today because Jacob is still really sick.

So, last night, I decided that I'd make do with what we had. I decided to make chicken for dinner in the crocpot. It's pretty bland so that Jacob can eat some if he's up for it, but it will still be yummy. I'll make some rice for Clarissa and some lima beans for me, and we'll still have a decent little dinner at home. At the urging of the kids, I made a cake yesterday, and the kids had our neighbor write on it, so it now says "Happy Birthday, Mom." Even though it's nothing like we planned, it is still a good birthday. It would be GREAT if my little man felt better. I don't like it when my kids are sick. :(

And now I'm supposed to:

Post the logo on my blog.


Nominate blogs that show great attitude or gratitude.

I nominate my friend Brynn, who inspires me through her loving posts that always show the affection she has for her faith, her family and her friends. I also nominate Sherry, who shows love of God, love of famil and love of life like no other I've seen. And she's pretty darn creative, too!

Link to the nominees within my blog post. Check.

Notify the recipients of the award by commenting on their blog. Check

Share the love and link back to the person from whom you received your award. That's Beth, and I linked to her above, so I think I'm done!

3 comments:

Brynn said...

Thanks Brandi! I so wish J felt better. I know you're bummed about how things are turning out, but good for you for looking for the positive.

Thanks for the "tag", I'll post it as soon as I can get the stupid logo thing to work.

Donna said...

Happy Birthday Brandi!

Hope you enjoy the day and that Jacob is feeling better soon.

Traci said...

Hey there.. I know I probably should have asked permission before I devoted an entire blog post to you.. but I'm sort of way too spontaneous for that.

So I hope you don't mind but I blogged about you.