CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 27, 2009

A "Free" Saturday

We haven't had a weekend without SOMETHING planned for quite a while. It's been a crazy, busy life...which I like, so I'm not complaining. But because of all the chaos, combined with the fact that Ron works in KY, we've not had a date since last year. Sad, I know. A big portion of that is that we just can't afford to go out. And that's O.K. with us -- we make do the best we can. We normally have dates at home. After the kids go to bed, we plan something, from a night of You Don't Know Jack to a movie. It's not as nice as going out, but it's the best we can do, so we make it work.

Well, tomorrow is going to be different. We are going on a date tomorrow -- and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! When I first told him that we were going out, he immediately responded that we couldn't afford it. I told him not to worry. I have it all figured out. And here's how.

The morning is starting out with a pedicure -- something I haven't had since last year. I purchased four pedicures last year, so my fifth one was free. I scheduled it for this Saturday. Woohhooo!

I contacted my neighbor and inquired about using a coupon for 4 hours of FREE babysitting that she gave me. I told her that we'd like her from 3:30pm - 7:30m, so it was win-win for both of us. Ron and I can go out and have four kid-free hours...and she can go out at night. She IS 22, afterall, and SHE has a life. LOL!

Ron and I are going to the movies with a gift certificate we got at Christmas. We're going to see a 4:00 show and then go eat dinner with a gift certificate I won at a school raffle.

The only thing the entire day will cost me is the tip for my pedicure, and I still have birthday money left for that. I always try to be thrifty, but this is one of the best "free" days I'll have ever planned. LOL!!

I hope you have a great Saturday, too!

4 comments:

Brynn said...

Brandi, I'm so excited for you, you so deserve this! I'm sure you'll have a blast, & even more so knowing you did it all for "free"!

Have a wonderful weekend! <3

Kaye said...

Awesome, Brandi! I hope y'all have a wonderful time.

Kim said...

Enjoy! Sounds like an AWESOME plan!

Donna said...

Sounds fantastic! Hope you really enjoy yourself .. you deserve it!