CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

PSA: Cream Pies are NOT Meringue pies

Someone promised me "the best lemon meringue pie on earth" for my birthday. Sadly, I was SO excited about that because I LOVE lemon meringue pie and never get any. So, yesterday was the day. I got a box with a pie in it. But when I opened it up, I saw cool whip. I just looked at it for a minute, and then she pulled it from me and took it out of the box. She said "Are you ready for lemon meringue pie?"

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

The smart ass (and disappointed) side of me wanted to say "Yes. And where is it, because cool whip is NOT meringue." But I obviously would NEVER, EVER say that because it's incredibly rude. I smiled, thanked her for the pie and ate a small piece. And after she left, I looked at the box sadly - wishing that it was indeed lemon meringue pie.

Maybe next year.

3 comments:

Kaye said...

What a bummer, Brandi! I'm so sorry that you were disappointed.

Beth said...

Aw, man! I hate it when someone tells me they have lemon meringue and it ends up being the kind that's like Jello. I like the kind made with sweetened condensed milk! And I hate birthday cake with whipped icing, too. It has to be buttercream! I so get where you're coming from!

Brynn said...

I'm so sorry you were bummed, but I'm totally laughing at the way you told the story, hilarious! Let's hope next year you get the real thing!