CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Tumor Update

I had my follow-up appt. with my oncologist today, and my tumor hasn't grown. YAY! That's obviously a big praise.

I am asking for more prayers for my health, though. Even though my tumor has not grown, it also has not started to regress yet. And, the area around the tumor and my nerve sheath is showing a change, but they can't say what it is or why it's changing.

The dr. was very disappointed about not seeing any regression and really wants to do more radiation. I am trying to put that off because I'm not physically, emotionally or mentally prepared for that again (or financially, to be totally honest.)

He also told me to stop ALL exercise. He went on explain why -- something about the nerve and muscles around the tumor not receiving enough blood, so he's worried that if I increase blood flow by exercising, I'll have permanent damage in that area. But honestly, for someone who needs and WANTS to lose weight, I was so disappointed. He already had me doing nothing but walking on the treadmill, but now I'm only permitted to do the walking required for a normal day. (I'm wondering if I can count the Wii Fit as "normal" activity.)

2 comments:

Brynn said...

Continued prayers! YOU are a rock, YOU can handle whatever comes your way, YOU are not alone! Remember that! ((((hugs))))

Jayne said...

Prayers headed your way!