CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lucy Loves Me Afterall...

I can't even tell you how AMAZING my kids are. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work last night, so I got home a little late. I was trying to rush at the store since I knew DH couldn't make them dinner on his crutches. I fully expected to walk into a house of cranky family members wanting dinner and complaining that I was so late.

Instead, I walked into a house that smelled WONDERFUL. I could smell the kitchen cleaner as soon as I opened the side door. Jacob was still mopping the kitchen floor, and he just looked up and smiled. My kitchen was completely clean, and it smelled SO good!!! They loaded the dishwasher, and it was running. Their rooms were cleaned (including dusted!) They picked up the house and ran the vacuum. They cleaned up the kitchen counter and took all the laundry downstairs for me.

I was in shock -- the great kind, of course. I thanked them profusely (I even cried at their gesture), and we hung out all night. We played a few games, I baked them cookies and we watched a little Planet Earth. What a fantastic night--much better than what I had planned! They did a great job for their age, and I have no complaints. Tomorrow I do need to clean the kitchen sink and counters a little when I come home from lunch, but I don't want them to see me re-doing them, so I'll wait until then.

The most amazing part of all of this is that Ron said it was Clare's idea. She said they should help me out since I've been doing so much for Daddy lately on top of taking care of them. (Can she really be MY daughter?!) Jacob agreed to help, and they got A LOT done for me. I was expecting a long night of cleaning, and instead, I got to spend quality time with the kids. What a night!

2 comments:

Brynn said...

That is the BEST! I'm sitting here in tears, what a wonderful surprise. Makes it all worth it huh? Go give those kiddos big hugs, they deserve them!

Buckeye Benita said...

Oh, Brandi-how wonderful. You are doing a great job raising these two. Now, can they come to my house and teach my kids?