CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Seven Years Ago...

I gave birth to my first child. A 9½ lb. baby boy. With no pain meds. After 26 HOURS of labor on pitocin!!! Luckily, I still love him. LOL!

Jacob turned seven today. I cannot believe he is seven years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me sad that he's getting older, but happy that he's healthy, strong, respectful and sweet. I'm not ready for the "boy" behavior yet - you know, where they push you away, don't let you hug or kiss them in public, start to stink like yucky boys. Blech!

But, alas, I cannot keep him young forever. I'm proud of who he's become so far, and though I want the time to go by slowly, I can't wait to see how he turns out. He is such a great kid - I am truly blessed and eternally grateful for him.

He is VERY into anything military right now, so that's all he talks about, wants to play and wants to look like! He tells me every day that he wants to be a Marine. I was so proud of him when he told me that he wanted to collect things for his birthday that he could send a Marine. What a kid, I tell ya!!! When I get the box put together for a Marine from a SS mom, I'll post it. I am so proud of Jacob for thinking of such a wonderful thing.
Here he is enjoying his 7th birthday.

Jacob was STUNNED when he saw his new music player. I LOVE when kids are genuinely excited about a gift.
This was another gift that showed true excitement. He screamed "It's a REAL watch" - meaning not digital.
Here he is with his birthday cake, which he really liked.

4 comments:

Brynn said...

You have the cutest kids Brandi! I'm glad everything went well & he had such a great party!

Sherry said...

What a great guy you have there! I love that he is so thoughtful. I know how you feel with them growing up so fast. My little guy will be one in a month or so!

Melita said...

They grow up so quickly!! And it sounds like you're raising an amazing guy - well done mom!
I love his reaction to the watch - how cute!

Kaye said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Jacob!