CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Proud Mama

Jacob turned 7 years old a week ago, and he had a "military" themed party. He's so interested in the military right now, and he keeps saying that he's going to be a marine when he gets bigger.


Imagine my surprise AND my pride when he told me that he wanted to collect things for a soldier in Iraq instead of getting presents. WOW!! What a boy. I contacted someone on SS to see if we could send something to her son, and she obliged with his address.

Well, his birthday party came, and only two people brought things for the package for the marine. Jacob was so disappointed. So, last week, I took him out shopping for things, and he used his birthday money to pay for it.
I am SO, SO, SO proud of him!!!
This isn't everything, but it's almost all of it. We did have baby wipes and some other things, but I took the picture before I brought them up.




3 comments:

Traci said...

That's definitely the sweetest thing ever. Give that boy a hug from me. I know from experience with my brother and nephew that snacks are greatly appreciated by soldiers.

Must have made your heart swell to the size of a watermelon...

Kaye said...

You have a really cool kid!!! As a former military spouse, I have to say THANK YOU for supporting our troops!!

Beth said...

Wow, Brandi. That is amazing! I'd be proud, too!