CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

He Gives Strength

I've been having a pretty tough time lately. I'm 32 years old, but I feel like I'm 72! My tumor is growing, my medical records say that it's cancer, and it's affecting my daily life more than I ever imagined it would. My children are constantly disappointed that I can't do things with them, like ride my bike, run and play or pick them up. They don't understand what a tumor is and just know that Mommy has a bad back. I feel like I'm cheating them, and it's so disappointing.

I hate living like this, and I've pretty much been wallowing in self-pity. A wonderful friend sent me an e-mail with just this passage. No note, no personal message. Just this. I think I need to start reading my bible more.


Isaiah 40:28-31

28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Brandi,
You don't know me... I found your blog through SS. That was a great bible passage and thanks for the reminder that I, too, need to read my Bible more! I'm sorry for all the challenges you are facing. Through reading your blog there is one thing I do know about you. You love your kids deeply and have and will support them through all their endeavors. Even if it doesn't seem like they know it, they do. Deep down they know their mom would go to the ends of the earth for them. You give them so very much despite your challenges. And although you want to give them even more, you are already giving them the very most important thing, a mother's deep, deep love. I think you're a fabulous mom!
Prayers for you for strength and healing,
Kim

Brynn said...

Hang in there my friend!!! Know that you are loved & you are being prayed for. Here are some big ol (((hugs))), just to remind you you're thought about today!