CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thank you, God, for my blessings

This weekend, my church is having its second fundraiser for a member of our congregation who is battling breast cancer. She lost her job (and her health insurance) and has been paying for insurance out of her pocket. She's obviously strapped financially, but she's also tired, exhausted and sick from fighting cancer. She's a mom who is struggling to balance her family, her health and her life.

If this has taught me nothing else, it's taught me to be thankful for all my blessings. I am so thankful for my health. I know I whine about my tumor sometimes, and it has definitely changed my quality of life. But I am so grateful that I can wake up every morning and enjoy my family. I can go to work, provide the best I can for my kids and have medical insurance. These are not guarantees in life, and I am so thankful that I have these things.

So if you are the praying kind, please pray for Diane and her family. She could really use the prayers for healing and comfort, and I'm sure her family could use some, too. Please also pray that the fundraiser goes well. We need to raise $2,000 for the Lutheran group that matches funds to donate money. Our congregation is pretty small, so that is a pretty big task. I'm praying that we come through. Diane and her family need as much help as they can get.

0 comments: